The Day of Increase
Psalm 115-12-16 NKJV
12 The Lord [a]has been mindful of us; He will bless us; He will bless the house of Israel; He will bless the house of Aaron. 13 He will bless those who fear the Lord, Both small and great. 14 May the Lord give you increase more and more, You and your children. 15 May you be blessed by the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. 16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s; But the earth He has given to the children of men.
- The Lord spoke to me about ministering on “The Spirit of Increase”. He wants to increase His people.
“Our Day of Increase” has come.
- This is a new day. This is a new hour. Breakthroughs are taking place. Supernatural breakthroughs in the financial realm are taking place right now!
- The Spirit of Increase is on me and with me and God told me to release increase over the congregation. The Spirit of increase is working in me. Everything I set my hands to is prospering.
- The Spirit of Increase is on this church. We are increasing, enlarging, multiplying, growing and experiencing supernatural increase.
- Don’t expect to decrease at any age.
Isaiah 54:2-3 NKJV
Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, And strengthen your stakes. For you shall expand to the right and to the left, And your descendants will inherit the nations, And make the desolate cities inhabited.
We must enlarge our capacity to believe and receive. The only limitation to what God can do in our lives is our capacity to believe and receive.
- We’ve all come through a world-wide pandemic. The whole purpose of that pandemic was to decrease and diminish us.
- The pandemic was not of God because He’s a God of increase.
- Many people have experienced their family and loved ones passing on. Many have experienced a loss of jobs and business, loss of income, loss of emotional support and friends.
- But those days are over for us. This is a new day. It’s the Day of Increase for us.
- We Must Become “Increase-Minded”
We must get loss out of our minds and become increase minded.
Romans 12:2 NKJV
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- The greatest need for a sinner is to get saved.
- The greatest need for a Christian is to renew their mind with the Word of God.
- The Word of God keeps your thinking straight in the middle of this dark world.
Romans 12:2 NLT
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
- In order for you to walk in God’s perfect will, you must change and the change starts in your thinking.
- You must think in line with God’s Word.
- The sky is not the limit, your mind is.
- If something is too big for your mind, it’s too big for your hand. (Bill Winston)
- Don’t settle for less when God’s given you His best.
Genesis 11:31-32 NLT
“One day Terah took his son Abram, his daughter-in-law Sarai (his son Abram’s wife), and his grandson Lot (his son Haran’s child) and moved away from Ur of the Chaldeans. He was headed for the land of Canaan, but they stopped at Haran and settled there.”
- Not sure what happened but they were supposed to settle in Canaan, their promise land, not in Harran.
- Because of the pandemic, some of you have settled on the inside.
- You’ve developed a defeated, negative attitude and mindset and it’s limiting you.
- Some of you are too comfortable in your comfort zone.
- It’s time for you to stir up your winning attitude and press towards your Promise land, your land of increase, your land of more than enough.
Genesis 11:32 NLT
“Terah lived for 205 years and died while still in Haran.”
Genesis 12:1-4 NKJV
Now the Lord had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, From your family And from your father’s house, To a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” So Abram departed as the Lord had spoken to him, and Lot went with him. And Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran.
- Abram was 75 years old when he obeyed God.
- It doesn’t matter your age, God can still bless you and use you. You can increase at any age.
- But you need to go from your country, your family, and from your father’s house. Not necessarily physically but in your mind.
- God wants to increase you but some of you are stuck on your old way of doing things, old habits, old traditions, we always did it this way.
- Your family, your environment, your past experiences can limit you if you don’t come up to a higher place in your thinking, in the Word of God.
- But you need to move in your mind to the land that God will show you, the land of increase.
- We must immerse ourselves in increase scriptures to become increase minded.
It’s God’s will for us to increase.
Deuteronomy 16:15 KJV
The Lord thy God shall bless thee in all thine increase.
Psalm 85:12 NKJV
Yes, the Lord will give what is good; and our land will yield its increase.
1 Corinthians 3:6 NKJV
I planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
- We need to listen to messages, read books and study scriptures about increase.
- Why? Because faith for The Spirit of Increase comes by hearing and hearing by the Word on increase.
- We started this series so that our minds will be renewed to walking daily in supernatural increase.
- We must walk become increase minded.
Psalm 68:19 NKJV
Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation. Selah
- Say, “Thank You God for loading me with Your benefits. I am loaded today”.
- His benefits don’t come from a government, they’re His and we are tied to His benefits. —Gloria Copeland
- Increase is God’s Plan for Man.
God’s Original Plan
Genesis 1:26-28 NKJV
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
- The first thing God did after He created man was to bless him.
- His original intent for mankind was that they should be blessed and increase in every area of their lives.
The Word “Multiply” in (HEBREW) = Increase
- God’s original plan for man was to demonstrate The Spirit of Increase by replicating the Garden of Eden all over the universe.
- Genesis 1:28—God’s Plan for Man
- THE BLESSING was the first word spoken over man.
- Blessed = Empowered to prosper and increase, as a result of having God’s favor bestowed on your life.
- Blessed = Continually walking in The Spirit of Increase, in spite of the conditions.
Genesis 39:1-23 NKJV
Now Joseph had been taken down to Egypt. And Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him from the Ishmaelites who had taken him down there.
They took him down but you can’t keep a blessed man down.
2 The Lord was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
He had nothing in the natural but the Bible says he was a successful man. What made him successful? The Lord was with him. The Blessing was with him.
3 And his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand. 4 So Joseph found favor in his sight, and served him. Then he made him overseer of his house, and all that he had he put under his authority. 5 So it was, from the time that he had made him overseer of his house and all that he had, that the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the Lord was on all that he had in the house and in the field.
6 Thus he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand, and he did not know what he had except for the bread which he ate. Now Joseph was handsome in form and appearance. 7 And it came to pass after these things that his master’s wife cast longing eyes on Joseph, and she said, “Lie with me.”
Watch out for the 3 P’s when you become successful. Pride, Pennies, Petticoat
8 But he refused and said to his master’s wife, “Look, my master does not know what is with me in the house, and he has committed all that he has to my hand. 9 There is no one greater in this house than I, nor has he kept back anything from me but you, because you are his wife. How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?”
Not against her or himself, against God. He had a reverence and honor for God.
10 So it was, as she spoke to Joseph day by day, that he did not heed her, to lie with her or to be with her.
The enemy is relentless. He will always tempt you in the area that you are weak in and you still have to get stronger in.
11 But it happened about this time, when Joseph went into the house to do his work, and none of the men of the house was inside, 12 that she caught him by his garment, saying, “Lie with me.” But he left his garment in her hand, and fled and ran outside.
A good run is better than a bad stand or a one night stand.
13 And so it was, when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand and fled outside, 14 that she called to the men of her house and spoke to them, saying, “See, he has brought in to us a Hebrew to mock us. He came in to me to lie with me, and I cried out with a loud voice. 15 And it happened, when he heard that I lifted my voice and cried out, that he left his garment with me, and fled and went outside.” 16 So she kept his garment with her until his master came home. 17 Then she spoke to him with words like these, saying, “The Hebrew servant whom you brought to us came in to me to mock me; 18 so it happened, as I lifted my voice and cried out, that he left his garment with me and fled outside.” 19 So it was, when his master heard the words which his wife spoke to him, saying, “Your servant did to me after this manner,” that his anger was aroused. 20 Then Joseph’s master took him and put him into the prison, a place where the king’s prisoners were confined. And he was there in the prison. 21 But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him mercy, and He gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. 22 And the keeper of the prison committed to Joseph’s hand all the prisoners who were in the prison; whatever they did there, it was his doing. 23 The keeper of the prison did not look into anything that was under Joseph’s authority, because the Lord was with him; and whatever he did, the Lord made it prosper.
When you have the Blessing, nothing and nobody can stop you and keep you down.
Proverbs 10:22 KJV
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.”
- The Spirit of Increase was perpetual.
- God’s plan to increase man continued in spite of Adam’s high treason in the Garden.
Genesis 9:1 KJV (to Noah and his sons)
And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply [increase], and replenish the earth.
Genesis 12:2 MEV (to Abram):
I will make of you a great nation; I will bless you
and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
Genesis 26:12-13 MEV (to Isaac)
12 Then Isaac sowed in that land and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; the Lord blessed him. 13 The man became rich and continued to prosper until he became very wealthy.
God’s Plan for Us
Galatians 3:29 MEV
If you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
- The Spirit of Increase that was upon Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon and up through Jesus, is upon us today.
- Jesus came and broke the curse of poverty and lack over mankind (Galatians 3:13-14).
- He redeemed us from that curse and put us in position:
- To walk in the same blessing
- To walk in the same increase
- To walk in the same favour
We should be walking in a greater degree of The Spirit of Increase because our covenant is a better covenant, founded upon better promises (Hebrews 8:6).
- God’s plan was and is for us to cultivate the Garden of Eden everywhere we go.
Isaiah 51:1-3 NKJV
“Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness, You who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were hewn, And to the hole of the pit from which you were dug. 2 Look to Abraham your father, And to Sarah who bore you; For I called him alone, And blessed him and increased him.” 3 For the Lord will comfort Zion, He will comfort all her waste places; He will make her wilderness like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the Lord; Joy and gladness will be found in it, Thanksgiving and the voice of melody.
Psalm 71:21 MEV
You will increase my greatness, and You will encircle and comfort me.
Job 8:7 MEV
Though your beginning was small, your end will increase greatly.
Genesis 9:7 MEV
And as for you, be fruitful and multiply; increase abundantly in the earth and multiply in it.